The Driver's Seat - Stefan Meyer
Posted on November 20 2016
Stefan Meyer – Mandeville, Louisiana
In this issue of “In the Driver’s Seat” we hear from Stefan Meyer in Louisiana who owns a 2015 JKU.
Have you had other Jeeps or is this your first one?
When I was a kid, I said that I would own a Jeep Wrangler one day. The day I bought my JKU I wasn't even shopping for a vehicle. When I saw it, I knew I HAD to have it! So, this is my first Jeep, but I’m having a blast and I’m sure there will be more to follow.
How do you pay for your Jeep addiction?
I pay for my Jeep addiction with my wife's permission - HAHA. Really though, I work for a tech startup based out of Dallas. We designed a system to help protect children when entering and exiting a school bus. The technology we developed issues citations to drivers that pass up the stop arm on school buses while kids are loading and unloading.
What is your favorite place to off-road and who do you go with?
I’m a new Jeep owner, so I’ve just put my Jeep in the mud once – and it was an absolute BLAST! The cleanup afterwards – not so much fun.
What advice would you give to someone buying their first Jeep?
Get ready to empty your bank account – it's addicting! Also, don't inform your significant other that all Jeep owners wave to each other on the road. Just let her think that everyone loves your ride. It will give you more leeway to continue customizing your JK.
What is the most recent mod you made to your Jeep?
The last modification I made was installing new front and rear bumpers. I’ve been patiently waiting to put her through a few mud trails to test out the winch.
Give us the rundown on your mods.
- Rough Country 2-inch square Cree LED lights Black Series with brackets and another set with fog light adapters
- Rough Country 20-inch Cree LED light bar dual row Black Series w/hood brackets
- Rough Country LED backlit rocker switch
- Jeep Wrangler JK projector headlights
- LED side marker lights
- Rear seat recline kit
- Sunpie amber front LED turn signal lights
- Sunpie smoked LED tail lights
- Lite-Way 3rd LED brake light
Interior and audio
- Rugged Ridge all-terrain floor liner kit
- Pioneer AppRadio 4 SPH-DA120
- JL Audio C2-525X
- Kicker 40CS654
Other exterior - bumpers, winch and mirrors
- Rugged Ridge black rectangular quick release mirrors
- GSI Rock Crawler full width front bumper
- GSI Rock Crawler full width rear bumper with a 2” receiver
- Smittybilt 97495 XRC winch – 9,500 lb. load capacity
- ICI Magnum RTS71JP RT steps
- Xprite Eagle Eye grille custom painted to match my rig
- Rugged Ridge black aluminum hood catch set
- Alien Sunshade JKU4FB shade - black
Wheels and Tires
- 20" Fuel Krank rims with Atturo Trail Blaze M/T 35x12.5xR20LT
- K&N Air Filter Turbo SII